There are many foods that tend to get made in households on a regular basis. At times, it is because they are affordable and at other times, it is because they are delicious. When it comes to spaghetti, it is the perfect combination of a meal that everyone will love but it will break the budget in the process. Of course, everybody has their own particular style of spaghetti, but this is one that is going to change your mind on how to make it permanently.
It is a baked pasta casserole, and it has rich cream cheese that is cooked right into it. You’re not going to believe the deliciousness that comes out of the pan but even better, it is the perfect leftover dish, so you can make a bigger batch and enjoy it for a few days.
Once you make this, you will see that it pulls a disappearing act quickly and it becomes a favorite at your household in no time flat. It is easy to make, so you can throw it together when you are having a busy day and enjoy it with someone you love.
Cream Cheese Baked Spaghetti
1 pound spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350º F and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente, then drain and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
5. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up into small pieces, until browned on all sides.
6. Pour in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, then add basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
7. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
9. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream together until combined.
10. Place drained pasta in a large baking dish and spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pasta.
11. Top with beef and tomato sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
12. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
13. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Via: 12 Tomatoes
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook