There are certain foods that just seem to become a favorite very quickly once you try them. Before you see the recipe, you may never have even considered putting the combination together but now that you have tasted it, you can’t imagine living without it. That is certain to be the case with these cauliflower melts, and they will grace your table more frequently than you could ever imagine.
It really has to do with the ingredients, which includes a generous batch of golden raisins. I don’t know about you, but I make sure that I have raisins on hand at any given time because they are a great energy food and they are so easy to carry around. When you add the shelled pistachios, cheese and put it all on sourdough bread, it is side dish heaven!
If you are ready to take your meals to the next level, make sure that these cauliflower melts are part of it. You will not believe how quickly they disappear, so make sure that you make extra for you and your family.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Medium head of cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slabs, possibly halved to make a total of 8 slabs
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
8 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
4 ounces Comte or Manchego cheese, cut into 8 slices
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower slabs and toss to coat.
3. Arrange the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flip the slabs, and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, until softened and roasty. Set aside to cool but keep the oven on.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak the raisins in wine or water for 10 minutes. Drain.
5. In a small pan over medium-high heat, toast the pistachios, dry or with a little oil. Let cool on a paper towel, then chop coarsely.
6. Lay the bread on the baking sheet and arrange the cauliflower on the bread, cutting it to fit as needed. Sprinkle with pistachios and raisins and top with the cheese.
7. Bake until the cheese melts, 7 to 10 minutes.
8. Top the toasts with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Make sure you share this with your friends on Facebook