If there is one thing that most of us appreciate, it’s a great cookie. There are so many different types of cookies to choose from, however, that it can sometimes be difficult to settle in on only one. Some cookies are overly sweet and some are crunchy, but if you are looking for the perfect blend of all cookie perfection, you don’t need to look any further than Mexican wedding cookies.
These little beauties are so delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating them once they are ready. They are fantastic in another way as well, because they are so easy to make. Basically, they are pecans and sugar that is held together with butter. With a recipe like that, what could possibly be better?
Even though this is a simple recipe, there are many variations. Some have been passed down through families for generations. I’m sure that you will find this recipe to be one of your favourites. It makes them easy to prepare without going away from the traditional taste.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar, for rolling
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees (205 degrees Celsius) and lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray or butter.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, and vanilla. Stir in nuts and salt. Mix in flour a half cup at a time, until dough holds together.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until set but not brown.
5. Remove from cookie sheet, and slightly cool cookies. While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
6. Once cooled completely, sprinkle extra powdered sugar on top. Serve with coffee or tea!
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook