Official Recipe for Miss Kay’s Bakes Duck. Enjoy!
3-4 large ducks (Mallards) or 6 small ducks (Teal)
salt, black pepper
flour, Cajun sausage
1 large onion
4-5 cloves of garlic
Phil Robertson’s Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp Parsley
1-1/2 cup Red or White wine,
COOK – RUB
1. Coat ducks with olive oil, sprinkle with Phil Robertson’s Rub, salt and black pepper, then roll them in flour.
2. Brown ducks on medium heat, turning until outside of ducks is brown, then turn fire to low.
3. Cut up 3 links of Cajun Sausage, chop onion, garlic, and peel and quarter oranges (remove seeds). Put all this on top of ducks, then add basil, thyme, parsley, Phil Robertson’s seasoning and wine.
4. Cover and cook on 300 degrees for 2 hrs. and 25 minutes
5. Remove from oven and scoop out ducks and veggies onto platter.
6. Set pan with drippings on the stove and add 3/4 cup of flour on low to medium heat. Stir for about 20 minutes slowly adding about a mason jar full of water to reach a good gravy consistency, check to see if you need to add more seasoning.
7. While the gravy is cooking, cook some rice to go with it and you have a complete meal.