This tuna, avocado and tomato recipe is very high in protein and low carbs, ideal for weight loss.
• 150g (5oz) fresh tuna steak
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 8 asparagus tips
• 2 large tomatoes (about 250g / 9oz)
• 150g pre-cooked cannellini or lima beans, (rinsed and drained)
• 1 medium mild onion (thinly sliced)
• 1 small avocado (about 150g / 5oz)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
• 1 tsp sea salt
• black pepper
Brush the tuna steak with a little of the olive oil and grill or dry – fry for about 3 mins on each side, until the outside is golden but the inside is still pink. Meanwhile, steam or microwave the asparagus tips until just tender. Halve the tomatoes and squeeze out the pips then chop roughly. Arrange the beans on a serving plates with the tomato, asparagus, and onion. Peel and slice the avocado add to the plates.Mix together the oil, lemon juice, most of the oregano and seasoning. Poor most of it over the salad, slice tuna and add. Drizzle over remaining dressing. Garnish with rest of oregano.