4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
90g plain flour
130g finely chopped pistachio nuts
For the sauce:
2 tbsp minced shallots
120ml dry white wine
120ml chicken stock
120ml double cream
1 ½ tablespoons 100% pomegranate juice
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
2. Beat together the eggs and the milk. Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, then in egg wash and finally in the chopped pistachios.
3. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Fry the chicken until lightly browned. Place in an earthenware baking dish.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, melt butter in a saucepan. Fry shallots until soft. Add cream, white wine, chicken stock and pomegranate juice. Simmer for a few minutes.
6. Place chicken on plates, and pour over sauce.