This pasta and shrimp recipe also includes peas and peppers. It’s delicious!
12 ounces rigatoni
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups english peas
1 pound shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
3 tablespoons fresh basil
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook for 10 to 11 minutes. Drain pasta and keep warm.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat the oil on medium heat, in a large saute pan. Add the garlic and peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the peas and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 more minutes or until they start to tun pink.
3. Mix in the chicken broth and half and half. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce is bubbly.
4. Add the cooked pasta. Cook on low until sauce starts to thicken. Sprinkle with the basil.
5. Serve in bowls. Add salt and red pepper to taste.
Frozen peas may be substituted for English peas.