4 Bell Peppers
� Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Red Onion, chopped
1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 Cup Carrots, grated
1 Cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
tsp. Ground Cinnamon
tsp. Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the top of the peppers and discard membrane and seeds. Reserved the top for later.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add carrots, spinach and parsley. Let spinach wilt then stir in cinnamon, cumin and cooked quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
5. Add salt, pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool until warm.
6. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among the 4 bell peppers. Top each pepper with its reserved top then arranges them upright in a glass-baking dish.
7. Cover snugly with foil and bake for about 1 hour, checking halfway through, until peppers are tender and juicy.
8. Transfer to plate and serve.