A rich and zesty lemon and lime curd give these dessert cups delightful citrus flavor. Whipped cream provides a light and airy texture creating a chilled treat that is perfect for a summer afternoon.
¼ cup Paramount Citrus lemon juice
¼ cup Paramount Citrus lime juice
½ cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 whole large egg
6 tablespoons, unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lime
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners (powdered) sugar
1 ¼ cups Lemon Shortbread cookie crumbs
1. First make the lemon lime curd by using a double boiler. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, egg yolks and egg to the top pan. Heat the water in the bottom pan as you stir together the ingredients until smooth. Bring the water close to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer, adjusting as needed during cooking.
2. Add the butter and salt to the curd. Continue to stir constantly until the butter is melted and the mixture begins to thicken. It is done when it begins to hold its shape and coats the back of the spoon when stirred, after about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove it from heat and strain the curd into a bowl to remove any solids. Let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator until chilled, about 1 hour.
4. Transfer the cream cheese to the bowl of a mixer. Beat on medium until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly beat in the chilled curd on medium until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the lemon and lime zest and place the curd back in the refrigerator.
5. Pour the heavy cream into the bowl of a mixer that has been chilled. Mix on medium and then increase to high and whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the confectioners sugar. Then fold in the chilled curd with cream cheese until all ingredients are combined.
6. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs. Divide the rest and add an equal amount to the bottom of 5, 8 oz. sealable glass jars. Top the cookie crumbs in each jar with an equal amount of the lemon lime cheesecake mousse. Sprinkle the top of each with some of the reserved cookie crumbs, seal with a lid and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.