This chicken pesto gnocchi can be concocted in mere minutes. Make it for your family tonight!
16 ounces potato gnocchi
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, boneless, cut in bite size pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons pesto sauce, jarred
1 cup chicken broth
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the gnocchi in a large pot of water according to package directions. (After the water boils, they usually cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.) Cook until a la dente and keep warm.
2. While the gnocchi is cooking, heat the oil on medium heat in a large frying pan. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. When tomatoes start to wilt, add pesto sauce and chicken broth to the pan. Mix well and cook on low for a few minutes until the chicken comes to a simmer.
4. Add cooked gnocchi to the pan and cook for a few more minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
One package of potato gnocchi is typically comprised of 16 ounces.