This chicken and mushroom pasta recipe can be made in under 30 minutes. Give it a shot tonight!
1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup water, reserved from cooked pasta
1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 cups pasta sauce
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 handfuls fresh greens
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
2. Reserve a cup of the water to use later. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced mushroom and let cook undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir, add garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add pasta sauce, water, and vinegar. Turn heat down and let simmer until warmed through, stirring on occasion. Add greens and stir until they are wilted.
4. Finally, toss in shredded rotisserie chicken, if the chicken is cold keep on stove until warmed through, if it’s still warm turn off the heat and stir in the pasta.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of mozzarella on top.
Cut your time down even more by buying pre-sliced mushrooms.
When choosing your pasta sauce, look at the label, don’t go for a variety that has added sugar, and don’t buy kinds with 50 unpronounceable ingredients.
We buy Wegman’s Diavola sauce and here’s the ingredient list: Tomatoes (Crushed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes, Citric Acid), Water, Onion Puree, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Roasted Garlic (Garlic, Soybean Oil), Crushed Red Pepper, Basil. Yup that’s it, sounds like something you’d make at home right? But without the hassle.
Fresh greens can mean anything, from spinach to arugula to field greens.