Who says that dessert has to be unhealthy? I argue that some of the most delicious, guilty tasting foods out there are also some of the healthiest. This homemade strawberry banana ice cream recipe is one of those examples where something that tastes like a dessert is actually really very good for you.
• 2 bananas, cut into 1-inch slices(frozen)
• ½ cup frozen strawberries, sliced
• 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
• ½ tsp vanilla
1. Place banana slices on a plate, separating each slice. Place slices in freezer for 2 hours (overnight is best!).
2. Remove strawberries and bananas from freezer and place in food processor, blend until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
3. Add almond milk (more or less for desired texture) and vanilla and blend until smooth and well-mixed.
4. Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze until solid (don’t have to wait if fruit is frozen, it is like soft serve ice cream)
5. Scoop with ice cream scoop and serve.
You can really use any frozen fruit to make this.