This Snickerdoodle bar recipe calls for brown sugar. A lot of deliciously sweet brown sugar!
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 2/3 cups flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13 dish with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, whisking constantly. Bring the butter to a simmer and continue whisking until the butter goes from yellow to golden brown and smells a little nutty. Pour the browned butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and let cool for five minutes.
3. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until well combined.
4. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the brown sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
7. Spread batter into prepared pan.
8. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Recipe Yields: 16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes