1 C shortening
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C pure cane white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg peppermint baking chips
3/4 C heavy cream
10 oz white chocolate, chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream shortening, milk, and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until dough is no longer crumbly.
4. Stir in peppermint baking chips.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and make a dent in the top of each cookie with a spoon. You’ll burn your fingers if you try to use them. Not that I would know from experience…
8. Move to wire rack to allow cookies to cool.
9. Make white chocolate ganache:
a. Place white chocolate in medium-sized bowl and fill a large bowl with ice.
b. Heat cream in small saucepan until just before boiling.
c. Pour cream over chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted.
d. Place medium bowl into ice bowl and continue to whisk until desired consistency is reached. You want something that is still enough to stay where you want, but soft enough to be piped onto cookies.
10. Fill piping bag with ganache and pipe into the center of each cooled cookie.