Summer is upon us and the temperature is starting to rise! Is there any better way to cool off than with a few scoops of ice cream? (Nope, we can’t think of one either).
We love this recipe for peach and pistachio coconut ice cream!
1 can coconut milk (full fat of course!)
1/3 cup roughly chopped pistachios
7 tablespoons sucanat sugar
– in a vitamix or similar blender combine 4 peaches (pitted and halved), 1 can of coconut milk, and sugar.
– blend until peaches are liquid
– transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
– rough chop remaining peach and pistachios
– add peaches and pistachios to mixture and pour into ice cream mixer (i used this and it works so well!)
– follow instructions on your ice cream maker (i let mine go for somewhere around 15 minutes)
– serve with chopped pistachios, eat immediately!
– store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer and let sit for 5- 10 minutes before serving.