Recipe Yields: 12 cookies
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
This gluten free chocolate cookie recipe takes full advantage of hazelnut flour. Chow down!
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into .5 inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup dark chocolate covered espresso beans
1/3 cup hazelnut flour
2/3 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 large flax eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1-2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milks
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the over to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, finely chop the chocolate covered espresso beans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chopped espresso beans, hazelnut flour, all-purpose gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt.
4. In another medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flax eggs, water and vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until thick and smooth. Fold in the melted chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chips. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until mixture becomes wet. Depending on the brand of flour you use, you may need more than one tablespoon of milk.
5. Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop a cupful of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until slightly puffed and the tops begin to crack, 18 to 20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets and serve.
6. Always read the label to make sure all ingredients are gluten free. If you are not sure the product is safe, check with the manufacturer.