This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe may just make the perfect dessert. Bake it today!
8 ounces chocolate wafers crushed into fine crumbs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped finely
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup peanut butter
1 unsifted cup powdered sugar
14 fluid ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together the wafer cookie crumbs and the butter until evenly coated.
2. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9″ pie plate, pressing firmly to keep in place. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
3. In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Once melted, remove from heat and immediately whisk in 1/3 cup heavy cream; continue whisking until thick. Pour the ganache over the bottom of the pie crust, gently spreading with an offset spatula to cover the entire bottom.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the powdered sugar, followed by the sweetened condensed milk.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pie plate.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until ready to eat. Top the pie with the chocolate chips as garnish. Serve cold.
1 can of sweetened condensed milk contains 14 ounces.