Yield: 12 cookie cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon heavy cream (milk works too!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick cooking oats
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk, but any kind will work)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
2. In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking butter over low heat, whisking often, until the butter has turned a deep golden brown. Remove from the heat.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the melted butter and brown sugar. Beat in the cream, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Scoop the dough out into the muffin tins. Fill each muffin tin nearly to the top.
8. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the muffin tin before running a knife around the edges of the cookie cups and removing from the muffin tin.
9. Store in an airtight container.