This waffle recipe is baked with yeast and so very easy to make in the morning. Read on and enjoy!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups whole milk
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan combine the milk, oil, and butter. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture reaches between 120-130º F.
3. Add the warm milk mixture to the flour mixture. Using a hand mixer on low speed, mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla then continue mixing on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Cover batter and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove the batter from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat a waffle iron. Stir baking soda into batter.
5. Measure about a 1/4 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron and close. Cook until steam subsides and waffle is golden and crisp. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, you may need a little more batter or a little less. Number of waffles made will vary by waffle iron.