These sweet and spicy wings are perfect for the big game. They have a crispy outside that clings well to all the delicious sauce you can handle. Serve up a plate to your guests and start cheering on your favorite team!
SERVINGS: 4 to 6
TIME TO TABLE:
10 minutes prep, 40 minutes baking, 5 minutes cooking.
1.5 lbs. chicken drumettes and wings (about 14 to 16 pieces)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup fresh Paramount Citrus navel orange juice
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons hot sauce
¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon tapioca starch
2 teaspoons water
Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus navel orange
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the oil and toss to coat. Add the flour and toss to coat again. Transfer the chicken pieces to the lined baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer.
3. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Flip the pieces and bake for 20 more minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. Whisk together the orange juice, brown sugar, molasses, garlic, hot sauce and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil two minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from heat.
5. Dissolve the tapioca starch in the water, add the slurry to the sauce and stir. Return the pan to medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Boil for 30 to 45 seconds, until the sauce thickens enough to coat the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the orange zest.
6. Transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve warm.