Recipe Yields: 6 muffins
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This coconut muffins recipe is delicious on its own, but can also be combined with blueberries. It’s healthy all around!
FOR THE MUFFINS
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup splenda
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
FOR THE TOPPING
6 ounces fat free mixed berry yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut and 1 teaspoon canola oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, applesauce, egg and vanilla. Add dry to wet and gently stir until just incorporated (don’t over mix)
5. Scoop into greased muffin tins and divide the topping between the 6 muffins.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. With or without the blueberries these muffins are tender and delicious.
Add in a half a cup of blueberries for extra sweetness!