This homemade pizza dough recipe makes it a breeze to whip up an easy dinner for the whole family.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 cups water, cold
1. Prepare the pizza dough the night before. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, pizza dough flavor, salt, and yeast.
2. Gradually add the cold water, stirring with a wooden spoon until all of the flour is moistened and a soft dough starts to come together.
3. Shape the dough into a loose ball (it won’t be perfect) and transfer to a large, clean bowl.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise overnight (for about 18-20 hours). It will be soft and bubbly.
5. A few hours before dinnertime on the night you plan to bake the pizzas, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Divide it into 3 or 4 portions and shape each one into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap.
• You can make anything from a thin crust to a think chew crust with this recipe. Of course, the amount of pizza the recipe makes will vary greatly depend on how you prepare the pizzas. I make a middle-of-the-road pizza and my cooking times and servings are based on that. I recommend giving the recipe a try a few times to figure out what works best for you!
• While I’m not normally a fan of specialty kitchen products, this recipe does mention pizza dough flavor. It’s entirely optional, but I think you’ll find that it adds a lovely flavor to your pizza dough. It’s my secret weapon for great tasting pizza, and I think you’ll find that your friends and family will be asking for your recipe when they taste your super easy homemade pizza dough!