There are certain types of foods that quickly become a favorite once you eat them. An example is bacon, which almost everybody loves. In fact, it is difficult to find a type of food that does not get better when bacon is included. That would also include this meal, which will quickly become your favorite.
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe for you. Once you are done with this pineapple stuffed with pork and wrapped in bacon, you will be coming back for seconds and more than likely, thirds. Share this recipe and you will be a local hero.
1 Large Pineapple (Larger the better)
12 Rashers good quality bacon
5/6 Boneless Pork Ribs
1 Bottle Historic Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple Rib Glaze & Dippin’ Sauce
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (Or use a BBQ Smoker if you have one)
2. Peel the pineapple, cut off one end (do not discard) and carefully hollow out the center leaving an outer edge of approx 1″ thickness.
3. Stuff the hollowed out pineapple with the boneless pork ribs, pack them in as tight as you can!
4. Carefully position the pineapple end you saved earlier back onto the end of the pineapple.
5. Wrap the pineapple/ribs with the rashers of bacon, you can pin them in place with cocktail sticks if necessary.
6. Generously smother the “Swineapple” with the bottle of Historic Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple Rib Glaze & Dippin’ Sauce
7. Place in the pre-heated oven/ BBQ smoker for 4 1/2 – 5 hours.